I think i love the sight of a good beard with a cap on top....
I have neatly neglected the my facial extravanganza and topped it off with a matty friseur hidden under a patagonia patched trucker sun block.
Sipping my burning hot coffee, still smelling like campfire smoke.... Eating mini-donuts and doritos for breakfast, the night sleep being longer than expected..... I'm with sam.
The trip to him was hard... Leaving my heavy eyelids frequently half closed causing me to slap my face. Several lil naps on the side helped none... Just gave me less time to drive.
I've daydeamed of vedauwoo for the last 2 years since the first time i stuck my hands and feet deep into the dreamy, threatening and all-demanding cracks of it's hard, sharp granite.
Now, after only five hours from the hills, lots of fog and even more oreo cookies, i was with ryan.
We were at the rapell hiding our faces from the wet and cold wind hammering us. Then it thundered....
I've read plenty of stories of climbers being caught in thunder storms in wyoming and how they either escaped or got zapped tryng to... I started thinking about our fate....
Laramie was filled with students... The parking places with their empty vehicles. We kept turning.. Left, then right.... Another left followed by another.... Finally at the end of a long wet parking lot... We got out of our cars.
I left laramie five hours after arriving in vedauwoo. The conversations too good to record here...
I realized i had 12 hours before the rental was due in boise.... I had 10 hours to drive... And less than 2 to sleep. I drove outta town.
Stupid eyelids.... I thought.... Why are they sooo stupid and heavy??? My eyes kept closing automatically. I still had 4 hours of driving.
What am i going to do, i asked myself while giving myself a good hard slap in the face.
Stupid eyelids, i said out loud and turned up the music....
We took the steaks from the fire and grabbed some mashed potatoes. This is amazing we both agreed. It was a spontaneous decision to camp, but obviously the right one. Our beards shown in the firelight. The stars above like a heavy blanket.... Covering us, reminding us of a simple beautiful life.
We rapelled 3 times and got back to our packs. The wind still going strong above us but relenting further below. We spread our stuff out and opened the pumpkin ale. Walking to the cliffs end, i ask if we shouldn't pack our stuff in case it rains again... Then answered myself saying that it won't.
Packing all our wet gear away, pants wet, jackets dripping, the bill of my cap darker because of the water, we make our way through the labrynth of the vaedauwoo approach.
Driving into boise, i realized i need gas. Filling up, getting directions to the airport, returning the rental... The sun comes up. I slept 50 mins. The coffee making my stomache hurt, i pack all my stuff together, sam is here.
We exchange hugs, say our goodbyes and speak the last sentences of encouragment before we leave.
I realize i'll see them again... Maybe sooner than thought. Maybe not.
My flight is just before boarding.....
I have neatly neglected the my facial extravanganza and topped it off with a matty friseur hidden under a patagonia patched trucker sun block.
Sipping my burning hot coffee, still smelling like campfire smoke.... Eating mini-donuts and doritos for breakfast, the night sleep being longer than expected..... I'm with sam.
The trip to him was hard... Leaving my heavy eyelids frequently half closed causing me to slap my face. Several lil naps on the side helped none... Just gave me less time to drive.
I've daydeamed of vedauwoo for the last 2 years since the first time i stuck my hands and feet deep into the dreamy, threatening and all-demanding cracks of it's hard, sharp granite.
Now, after only five hours from the hills, lots of fog and even more oreo cookies, i was with ryan.
We were at the rapell hiding our faces from the wet and cold wind hammering us. Then it thundered....
I've read plenty of stories of climbers being caught in thunder storms in wyoming and how they either escaped or got zapped tryng to... I started thinking about our fate....
Laramie was filled with students... The parking places with their empty vehicles. We kept turning.. Left, then right.... Another left followed by another.... Finally at the end of a long wet parking lot... We got out of our cars.
I left laramie five hours after arriving in vedauwoo. The conversations too good to record here...
I realized i had 12 hours before the rental was due in boise.... I had 10 hours to drive... And less than 2 to sleep. I drove outta town.
Stupid eyelids.... I thought.... Why are they sooo stupid and heavy??? My eyes kept closing automatically. I still had 4 hours of driving.
What am i going to do, i asked myself while giving myself a good hard slap in the face.
Stupid eyelids, i said out loud and turned up the music....
We took the steaks from the fire and grabbed some mashed potatoes. This is amazing we both agreed. It was a spontaneous decision to camp, but obviously the right one. Our beards shown in the firelight. The stars above like a heavy blanket.... Covering us, reminding us of a simple beautiful life.
We rapelled 3 times and got back to our packs. The wind still going strong above us but relenting further below. We spread our stuff out and opened the pumpkin ale. Walking to the cliffs end, i ask if we shouldn't pack our stuff in case it rains again... Then answered myself saying that it won't.
Packing all our wet gear away, pants wet, jackets dripping, the bill of my cap darker because of the water, we make our way through the labrynth of the vaedauwoo approach.
Driving into boise, i realized i need gas. Filling up, getting directions to the airport, returning the rental... The sun comes up. I slept 50 mins. The coffee making my stomache hurt, i pack all my stuff together, sam is here.
We exchange hugs, say our goodbyes and speak the last sentences of encouragment before we leave.
I realize i'll see them again... Maybe sooner than thought. Maybe not.
My flight is just before boarding.....
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen